You don’t need to resort to selling your much-loved items to make cash – you can earn decent money from selling stuff you never even knew was valuable, too!
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to be parting ways with your favourite designer items in order to make online selling profitable.
The saying ‘one man’s trash is another man’s treasure’ has never been more true. As our handy list proves, you really can make money from buying and selling low-price, everyday items and even stuff that seems fit for nothing but the bin.
While it’s true that rarer items will tend to bring in the highest bids on sites like eBay, it wouldn’t be wise to snub the smaller streams of income – these things all add up.
There’s money to be made in every corner of your house, you just need to know what you’re looking for.
Things you can buy and sell to make money
Here are 29 things you can sell to make money today:
- Childhood toys – Your inability to let go of your old favourites could finally pay off. It’s always worth raiding your childhood toy collection and having a quick look on eBay to see what they’re selling for. And if you have any of these toys, you could be sitting on thousands
- Your old clothes – If you’ve got a wardrobe full of clothes you never wear, dig them out try using some of these websites and apps for selling clothes online. You can then use the profits to kit yourself in some new stuff instead
- Gift cards – Everyone’s favourite didn’t-know-what-to-buy-you gift, but does it involve credit for a shop you never shop in? Sell it on, before it expires! Your best bet for this is eBay
- Coat hangers – Most wardrobes will have way more hangers than is necessary. Hangers that match can fetch up to 50p a pop, so if you don’t mind switching over to mix-matched ones so you can cash in on the matching sets, there could be some money involved
- Wine corks – Arts and crafts favourites! If you drink enough of the good stuff to build up a collection, you’ll get around 10p for every wine cork and as much as 15p a pop (literally) for champagne corks
- Your hair – Have you been nurturing a long healthy mane (read: cash)? You could earn some serious money for your hair